Let us now study how different colors can impact learning and memory in kids.
- Blue-Blue enhances creativity and stimulates a cool and relaxing environment. It should not be used in excess as it can also depress or invoke feelings of sorrow.
- Red– Red is the color of passion and strong feelings of threat, love, or excess stimulus. In school rooms it can be used in combination with other colors as it can help in detail oriented or repetitive tasks.
- Yellow– This is indeed the color of happiness and sunshine for children. Yellow stimulates intelligence and is ideal for use in kids’ rooms, study rooms and play areas. It should not be overdone as it can make children feel stressed.
- Green-The color of abundance can relax and contribute to better health in kids.
- Pink-This is a calming color. It can lower heart rate.
- Purple-This color ideal for kids as it is attention grabbing.
- Orange– Many educational institutes use this color as it enhances critical thinking and memory. Test rooms in this color are known to enhance performance in exams.